This is a good question and may serve to illustrate the practical design approach we take at Primare:
· In the design of our products we make no decision based on marketing, as we have all too often found that expensive brand names do not necessarily deliver better performance. In fact, with our latest amplifiers we discovered that a more generic and relatively inexpensive resistor in the output stage far outperformed the highly regarded and comparatively expensive name brand component that had been originally specified.
· This is one aspect of our stated goal of providing the best possible experience to the greatest number of people. As a result we make every effort to keep the costs of our products reasonable while providing exemplary performance, and including great sounding inexpensive cords contributes to our ability to do so.
· Allied with this is our interest in a more modular approach for system building, most easily exemplified by our 25 and 35 series models that allow for optional modules to be installed at the point of sale or after, but also in the multiple models of the 15 series that allow for flexible system building, and how we have bundled together the technologies that inform our Prisma network player platform.
· In the case of power cords, by providing the generic cord we are able to save the customer money, both for those who may not be able or willing to spend more on the system component, as well as for those who may appreciate having the money saved applied to the purchase of the power cord of their choice.
· Additionally, the topic of the relative merits of power cabling and conditioning remains highly contentious, and asking those to pay more for a component part that they may believe have limited benefit is avoided by providing the more generic cord.
· While, on the other hand, those who do believe in the positive benefits of power cabling and conditioning, as we do here at Primare, can select what best suits their needs, budget, or chosen power cable and conditioning system.
· Finally, we suggest that you listen to the cable provided, as we have selected for its very good sound quality and you may find that it performs above its perceived value; quite possibly at the level of cables you might consider being of commensurate quality with the Primare brand, with the understanding that there are many power cabling and conditioning options that may enhance the performance of our products that can be selected to best suit your budget and system needs.